Caring for another person is selfless and quite rewarding. But it also can be a heavy responsibility, whether you’re a family member caring for a loved one or a professional caregiver working with a client.
Oftentimes the stress that comes with being a caregiver can make it difficult to maintain a positive attitude. Here, Firstlight® Home Care we share 10 inspirational caregiver quotes to help bring comfort, joy and positivity to all the caregivers out there who may need a little inspiration from time to time.
- “From caring comes courage.” — Lao Tzu
- “The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else.” ― Carson McCullers, The Square Root of Wonderful
- “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only robs today of its joy.” — Leo Buscaglia, author, professor, motivational speaker
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.”— Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow.” — Les Brown, motivational speaker, author
- “Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” — Mason Cooley, writer, aphorist
- “It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” — Lena Horne, singer
- “Sometimes asking for help is the most meaningful example of self-reliance.”— Unknown
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn, author, motivational speaker
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.” — Irish proverb
Here is what some of our senior care clients and families have to say about their FirstLight Home Care experiences:
What do you appreciate most about the services you receive?
"FirstLight Home Care has done very well in matching good caregivers to me. Anytime that I have needed a helping hand when the caregivers have been sick, FirstLight Home has called me and told me that they will find someone else. The services are far better than I ever expected them to be. I expected there to be a lot of turnover when it came to my caregivers but I have had one caregiver for almost five years."
~ Clearwater, FL
How is the compassion of your caregiver?
"You should call and try FirstLight Home Care! I chose FirstLight Home Care because the physical therapist, not with FirstLight Home Care, recommended it. I appreciate the very pleasant personality that everyone I talked to has had and Cassidy, my caregiver, is a package deal. He is a very pleasant young man who is very articulate, kind, and caring. He is concerned about my well-being."
~ Boulder, CO
How is your caregiver's work ethic?
"FirstLight came to us through a personal referral. We had some pretty high expectations. We came from a company that was not really good and wasn't really available. We were pretty specific, and they have matched all of our expectations. I sought out other companies and found FirstLight. I liked the owners, they were very responsive. FirstLight really worked hard to find people that were the right fit for what we needed and was focused on the quality of the caregiver. FirstLight has a nice online portal, and the owner regularly pays house visits to make sure everything is going well. She also calls me to make sure everyone is on the same page. The caregivers all seem to have a lot of experience, and they can read the client's mood. They are very regimented in their routine, they never leave without making sure that everything is in place. They never sit idle. They definitely go the extra mile to help the client."
~ Salem, MA
How well does management respond to questions or problems?
"FirstLight Home Care is very responsive, respectful, and they're prompt to take care of any issues and they do so appropriately. The office staff gives me confidence by being quick to give me information when it is asked for. The services from FirstLight Home Care have an impact on our quality of life because we don't live in the area. We're only there some of the time and it's great to have FirstLight Home Care, so we don't have to worry about Anne being by herself. The caregiver is a good match for Anne because of her experience and background. Anne loves the caregiver. The caregiver shows compassion by being very kind in her interactions with her. She's very patient and explains things to Anne."
Would you recommend FirstLight Home Care to others?
"Our hospital recommended FirstLight Home Care to us. FirstLight Home Care has made an enormous difference on the client. There has been a noticeable improvement in my friends life. My friend's caregivers are very perceptive and observant. They go beyond by doing what they have to do. FirstLight Home Care did an exceptional job at matching up the client to the caregivers. The caregivers they sent us have a high level intelligence. They are brilliant job at matching my friend with her caregivers. We met first to describe our needs, then we had interviews and chose caregivers."
~ New York, NY
Find out more about Firstlight® Home Care franchising opportunities at -